The PCBUSB library realizes a 'PCAN-USB Driver for OS X' using Apple´s IOUSBKit.
The dynamic library libPCBUSB is running on OS X version 10.9, x86_64 architecture.
The API is nearly compatible to PEAK´s PCANBasic DLL.
See the doxygen documentation and the header-file for details.
Version 0.6 (Build 425 of February 20, 2015):
- Parameter PCAN_RECEIVE_EVENT returns a file descriptor to realize 'blocking read' by select() as on the Linux implementation of the PCAN-Basic API.
- Added two C++ examples and one Python example using the PCBUSB library
Version 0.5 (Build 370 of November 23, 2014):
- Feature 'Reading/Writing of parameter PCAN_DEVICE_NUMBER' implemented.
- Fixed issue #104 'Hot plugging was not detected by the library/driver'.
- Fixed issue #117 'Permission for libPCBUSB.x.y.lib wrong' (chmod 755).
- Return codes of API functions harmonized with PCANBasic.dll (184.108.40.206).
Version 0.4 (Build 293 of Febuary 23, 2014):
- Time-stamps are now taken from CAN controller instead of taking them from the system clock.
- Getting and setting of PCAN_* parameters reworked (to be almost compatible to the PCANBasic DLL, version 1.3).
- Resetting of RCV queue and XMT queue on the CAN controller realized.
Version 0.3 (Build 235 of November 2, 2013):
- Fixed issue #11 'All channel initialized by the application will be closed even if they are in use'.
- CAN_Unitialize: closing all channel initialized by the application at once implemented.
- CAN_Read: receive queue overrun handling reworked.
- CAN_*: wrong function return codes corrected.
- CAN_GetErrorText: language support for English, German, French, Italian and Spanish added.
Version 0.2 (Build 163 of September 8, 2013):
Version 0.1 (Build 149 of June 30, 2013):
Older versions of the PCBUSB library can be downloaded from here.